Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alright.....


Alright....I have finally decided on my wedding!! Ben and I are getting married at the Piper Palm House in Tower Grove park and the reception is at Orlando Garden's! That was probably the HARDEST decision that I have ever made. Ben and I bounced around the idea of not getting married in the church and yes we were both raised catholic, but I was the one who didn't want to have a church ceremony. Catholic churches have to many strict rules in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God and I believe he died for our sins....I just don't want to be in a religion that lets you worship the way you want to worship. With the catholic church, ben and I would have had to do catholic premarital counseling, we would have had to do an engaged couple retreat, we would have had to had our ceremony be during a mass. It's just to much for me. I wanted the 30 minute ceremony and thats it. After breaking down crying and drinking some whiskey, Ben and I decided to forego the catholic church and so it in a place that gives us a warm feeling inside. We are still going to do premarital counseling....Purdue has a family therapy clinic that offers premarital counseling. I was so upset a couple of days ago because I wanted to please everyone else with this wedding. I was brought to tears!! But, Ben said something to me that made me love him even more. He told me that it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks or where we get married, as long as he gets to marry me and as long as we are happy, it doesn't matter. What a sweet man!! I can't wait till I get to marry him!! So all in all.....we are super stoked about our location and we are super stoked about our reception. Now I can relax a little. You know what....no more wedding talk for at least 3 days. It is tiring me out!! Well I'm of to bed...have a long day tomorrow!! Chao everyone and best wishes and sweet dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment