Monday, February 16, 2009

Where did this weekend go?

I've got a case of the monday's!! Why does it seem that monday thru friday go very slow, but once the weekend hits...bam....you blink and the weekend is gone! Sorry it's been since friday since I have written in my blog. Stuff's gotten crazy!!! Let's see....Valentine's day was a no go for ben and I. We (well mainly HE) decided that the engagement proposal made up for our anniversary and also for Valentine's Day. It's alright...Valentine's day is over rated!! (Can we say bitter... party of 1?) Anyways, I am already starting to plan the wedding. Ben and I decided on JUne 12, 2010 for our wedding date. I never knew how much there was to planning a wedding...now I know why women hire wedding planners to do it for them!! I am going home this coming weekend to look at banquet halls with my mom and maid of honor. Ben and I are also looking at churches but man...they are soooo expensive!!! We were looking at sacred heart in valley park but they cost $400 just to RENT the church!! And they get to keep all of the flowers that we bring into the church. Not fair!! That is too expensive when you are living on a college budget. Ben and I are going to try and throw this wedding for under $10,000. We also have a big guest list because both of our families are big and we have quite a few Purdue friends as well (Boiler Up!!). We figure we will start trimming the list once it gets closer to the wedding. Poor ben...he doesn't like any of this wedding planning stuff and I keep asking him for his opinion about things. He is being a good sport...besides our little tiffs here and there about stupid things like what flowers to have!! I'm a pretty easy going "bride" and I won't be "one of those" who has to have every detail in order. Ben broke me of that habit about 5 years ago. I used to be a person where everything had to be perfect and it was the end of the world if plans changed. Now I just go with the flow!!
Well good news about Bella!! She slept through the night!!! It may not mean much to you but for me...I'm going on about 5 hours of sleep every single day since we have gotten her. We put her in our room and she actually slept through the night. Two nights ago she woke up around 4:00 a.m. because she needed to be let out...but last night it was great!! I finally have gotten a good 8 hours of sleep!! If you can't tell..I'm REALLY excited!! I value my sleep highly and getting 8 hours is a miracle!! We got Bella a new crate because she was sleeping in teddy's old crate with a pillow put in the back of it. But I soon realized that she was going to the bathroom in the front of the crate and climbing over the pillow and sleeping in the back. So after she ruined her bedding, I took a journey to Petsmart and bought a wire crate WITH a divider! Well it turns out that all that crying she was doing in her old crate was because she couldn't see anybody out of the little hole in her crate. But when we put her in her wire crate, she could see EVERYBODY and she won't cry anymore. Sometimes she will fuss a little but thats because she wants attention.  It's so exciting to have another dog who loves their crate!! Teddy absolutely LOVES his crate!! I've never felt prouder as a puppy mom knowing that my dogs love their crates!! Well breakfast is calling my name and stomach and I can smell my yummy coffee that I have a brewin'....Wish me lick with the banquet hall search and luck so that I don't get too stressed out with all this wedding stuff!! Only 481 days till the wedding!! Have a great day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment