Monday, February 9, 2009

Engaged!!



Yes, it's true...Ben and I are finally engaged!!! I am so excited!!! We must have told the story of how he did like a million times already so for all those who don't about how Ben popped that MAGIC question, here is the story....
Ben and I went up to chicago last weekend. He surprised me by taking me out to dinner. I didn't know where we were going at first and that was so exciting!! We ended up going on a dinner cruise along Chicago's skyline. We boarded the boat and sat down and were served a wonderful 4 course meal that was delicious!! Well...I didn't get to taste any of it because boats and me don't mix...but thats a story for a later date!! All throughout me not feeling well, Ben kept insisting that I try the dessert. I told him that I didn't want ANY dessert but he kept insisting so I finally gave in and sat down for dessert. Little did I know that my life was about to change!! During dessert Ben excused himself to go to the bathroom. I didn't think anything of it. Oh by the way, we went with another couple, Nick and Kimi, to dinner...that detail is important since they are accomplishes to the whole proposal thing. Right after Ben got up to excuse himself, Nick said that he was going to wander throughout the ship and take pictures...again I am not suspecting anything at this point...I was more concerned with not throwing up that I was with the boys excusing themselves from the table. After about 5 minutes our waitress delivered a rose to me. On the rose it had a note that said "Past." I was confused!! After about a couple of minutes, another rose was delivered to me. This time the piece of paper attached to the rose said "Present." I was starting to sense a trend but nothing was clicking. Then all of a sudden the waitress walks out with this dessert plate that said "Will you marry me Stephanie?" Behind the waitress was Ben and I didn't see him because I was starring at the plate. When I looked up, Ben was down on one knee, holding the ring in one hand and another rose that said "Future, Will you Marry me Stephanie Michelle?" in his other hand. I was shocked and surprised at the same time. I starting crying and asking him "Are you serious?" and "Seriously?" I shook my head "YES" and he stood up and I stood up and we kissed. I kept asking him "Are you serious?" and he told me "Do you not see this ring in my hand?" while laughing!! He put the ring on my finger and we hugged and kissed...it was perfect!! He then asked me to dance and do you know what song came on...... Etta James's "At Last".....THE song that I have always wanted Ben and my first dance to be...even before he proposed to me!! It was FATE!!! And now within a year probably (we haven't set the date yet) I will be...Mrs. Stephanie Dannan!!! AHHHHHHH!!! I can't believe it!! I am still on cloud 9 and I think I will be for awhile!! Sweet Dreams everyone... I know I will!!!

-The Future Mrs. Stephanie Dannan

No comments:

Post a Comment